OpsMx announced new resources, incentives, and support
services to help Weaveworks customers continue their GitOps journey using open
source Argo. Argo is currently one of the fastest growing Linux Foundation
projects, driven by its ease of operations and developer-friendly experience.
As a complete GitOps solution, Argo offers an easy migration path for current
users of Weaveworks’ Flux-based continuous delivery solution. OpsMx made this
announcement in response to the Weaveworks announcement that the company is
closing its doors and shutting down commercial operations.
brought innovative thinking to the DevOps world that made GitOps a reality,”
said Gopal Dommety, CEO and co-founder of OpsMx. “Today that GitOps momentum
continues with Argo. As the only company committed to an ‘Open CD’ architecture
that doesn’t lock customers into single-vendor solutions, OpsMx is here to help
Weaveworks customers shift to open source Argo and then extend it for the
demands of the enterprise.”
built their GitOps solution on the Linux Foundation’s open source Flux project.
The same core GitOps capabilities are also available in Linux Foundation’s open
source Argo project. In 2023, Argo was #4 on the Linux Foundation’s ranking of open source project
momentum, while Flux, with the support of Weaveworks, ranked #36. This
increased velocity means that customers moving to Argo will benefit from faster
delivery of new features, fewer open security vulnerabilities, and rapid
expansion of the platform. As both Flux and Argo are built around GitOps,
moving from Flux to Argo is relatively straightforward.
to Argo Transition Program
OpsMx is now offering incentives and limited-time benefits for current
Weaveworks Flux customers who want to continue their adoption of GitOps
building on the Argo platform, including:
- Free Transition Services. OpsMx has already helped some of the world’s largest companies mitigate and build out their enterprise CD implementations. OpsMx is providing professional services for the transition to Argo at no cost to customers.
- Special Discounts. Weaveworks customers can receive up to a 40% discount on OpsMx standard support pricing.
- Trade-in Credits. Weaveworks customers may qualify for a trade-in credit based on the value of the unused portion of their current contract. With trade-in credits, customers may be able to move now at no cost rather than waiting for the end of their current contract.
- The OpsMx product team has written a blog post to help customers better understand what a transition from Flux to ArgoCD will look like. The blog can be found here.
customers who move to Argo also gain access to OpsMx enterprise extensions to
open source Argo, including:
- OpsMx Visibility and Insights module provides a unified dashboard, application visibility across Argo instances, and DORA metrics.
- OpsMx Delivery Intelligence module automates manual approval steps and validates new releases, using an AI/ML engine to compare the behavior of a new release to that of prior releases and then recommend if the release should go forward.
- OpsMx Deploy Shield module integrates with a customer’s existing DevOps tool chains and deployment pipelines to assemble a comprehensive view of the “code commit to deployment” process, all available in a single interface. Use Deploy Shield with Argo to manage application security posture and if necessary block deployment of out-of-compliance releases.