Saudi Sustainable Energy and Technology Forum (Saudi SETF) is held on 30 April to 01 May 2019 at the Riyadh International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
The Saudi SET Forum is held concurrently with Saudi Elenex 2019 – The 22nd edition of the International Show for Electricity, Alternative Energy, Water Technology, Lighting & HVAC in Saudi Arabia which is co-located with Saudi Aircon 2019 – The International Show for Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC) from 29 April to 01 May 2019.
The Saudi SET Forum also hosts an Exhibition Pavilion featuring an exclusive platform enabling Alternative and Renewable Energy solution providers to showcase their products, for all three days from 29 April to 01 May 2019.
The Saudi Sustainable Energy and Technology Forum takes into account the current renewable energy landscape, bringing together senior stakeholders, policy makers, influencers and solution providers driving the renewable energy eco-system in the Kingdom.
The program is set to discuss ways to unlock the Kingdom’s potential with utility scale projects with a focus on other vital aspects such as the residential and small sale market and its future, beyond Solar Photovoltaics emerging trends and innovation.
Speakers with varying degrees of expertise in the energy-tech spectrum will discuss a range of technical topics, so the audience gains useful “take home” messages.
The Keynote Speaker was Dr. Amin Bin Mohammed Al-Shibani – Advisor to the Minister of Energy, Industry and Mineral Resources, General Supervisor of the National Renewable Energy Programme.
Expert speakers sharing their expertise and insights included:
- Abdullah Hassan Al-Khaldi – Manager, Business Development Department, Saudi Industrial Development Fund
- Dr. Amin Al Yaquob – CEO, Green Gulf – GCC Association for Renewable Energy and Sustainability,
- Dr. Mani Sarathy – Associate Director, Clean Combustion Research Center, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
- Dr. Muhammed Wakil Shahzad – Research Scientist, Water Desalination and Reuse Center, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
- Dr. Pieter Smeets – Sustainability Engineer, SABIC
- Eng. Abdullah Al Subiae – General Director, Saudi Renewable Energy Association.
- Hani Balfass – Lab Manager, Gulf Renewable Laboratory and
- Hisham Alfouzan – Energy Segment Director of the Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority,
- Sylvain Cote – Senior Research Fellow Energy & Macroeconomics, KAPSARC
The Conference also featured regional and international experts with the likes of:
- Bruce Anderson – CEO, 247 Solar Inc., United States of America; and
- Dr. Ahmed Mohina – Undersecretary, State Ministry of Electricity and Renewable Energy, Egypt;
- Dr. Christian Kurz – Head of Data Analytics Department, Meteocontrol, Germany;
- Dr. Juergen Braunstein – Fellow Geopolitics of Energy Project, Belfer Center, Harvard Kennedy School, United States of America.
- Dr. Osamah Alsayegh – Executive Director, Energy & Building Research Center, Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research, Kuwait;
- Eng. Mohammed Dabbas – Senior Advisor Arab Renewable Energy Commission and Executive Member of the World Renewable Energy Council UK, Jordan;
- Faisal Rashid – Director, Demand Side Management from the Supreme Council of Energy, United Arab Emirates;
- Robert Pfatischer – Managing Director, Meteocontrol, Germany;
Sponsors of the Forum were Meteocontrol and 247 Solar. The Strategic Partner was UL, while Gulf Renewable Laboratory was the Testing and Certification Partner.
****Saudi Sustainable Energy and Technology Forum 2019 is organized by Riyadh Exhibitions Company Ltd and White Paper Summits.