The Ministry of Housing’s Sakani program signed a number of agreements with real estate and contracting firms, to implement and build 6,089 diverse housing units and develop nearly 19,000 residential land plots.
The agreements target the establishment of integrated housing projects in three regions in terms of infrastructure and service facilities, which include the following:
– Emaar The Economic City to implement 2,200 residential units (villas) in Orchid Villas project in Rabigh city.
– Dour Al Momamiza to build 2,979 residential units (apartments) in Al Sakb in Madinah.
– Al Hanaki to implement 827 residential units (apartments) in Jeddah Gardens project in Jeddah.
Additionally, the ministry signed 4 infrastructure development agreements that include:
– The development of Land of Transport scheme in Madinah that includes 5,175 residential land plots, and South Jeddah scheme that provides 4,911 land plots through Haif Bin Mohammed Bin Aboud Al Qahtani Co.
– The implementation of the infrastructure in Land of the Knights scheme in Riyadh, which includes 5,352 land plots through Bin Jarallah Co.
– The development of Land of Healing project in Riyadh, that provides 3,514 lands plots through Al Samar Al Hadeeth Co.
Sakani program recently announced its plan for 2020. It aims to build 100,000 new residential units in partnership with real estate developers at a value of SAR 65 billion. It also targets the development of 72 new schemes, aiming to provide more than 90,000 land plots and is already working with 79 contractors, who are qualified for infrastructure implementation, at a value exceeding SAR 5.2 billion.
In 2019, the Sakani program delivered around 90,000 land plots in various regions of the Kingdom, including 137,906 plots which were available for online reservation from 146 schemes.