During the post-event press conference GJPEC Chairman Colin Shah informed: “IIJS Virtual has been fantastic. We have brought in the much-awaited change in the industry. We were somewhat old school in adopting digital intervention in doing business. GJEPC has succeeded in bringing in a total digital transformation in this industry. We are now as new school as our younger generation. We have shown the power of technology can be adopted to doing new ways of business. All our industry members have adapted to this new way of doing business. Our apprehensions have finally been put to rest by the stupendous success of IIJ Virtual. Despite the small glitches almost 95 per cent of our participants have been happy with show. Secondly, we have been able to overcome the losses incurred during the six months of lockdown. It has become a turning point in bringing the much-await business in the industry.”
This became an event where everyone came together to create a huge amount of optimism. 330 exhibitors, 9,000 buyers, 9,900 concurrent meetings took place and all the webinars had excellent viewership.
The international presence over 200 visitors from the USA came online, despite the time difference, there were visitors from all over the world: Nepal, Bangladesh, Turkey, Oman, UAE, Europe, etc. They were able to spot a lot of good products, and they were able to browse a lot of booths and conducted meetings with relevant manufacturers. IIJS Virtual was all about good presentation, buyers were very impressed – and IIJS Virtual was a great leveller – as all were equal – on the same platform.
The planning, execution, education and the committee’s enthusiasm was phenomenal. Visitor credentials were thoroughly checked and the whole experience and making it user friendly and ensuring that visitors and exhibitors were thoroughly satisfied.
Shailesh Sangani summed up saying, “We had best wishes from Nirmala Sitharaman, Finance Minister and Uddhav Thackeray, the Maharashtra CM. We had excellent participation in all the five halls and visitors could visit all stalls and browse through all products. We 15 exhibitors who were visited by 1200 visitors each; 74 exhibitors were visited 1000-1200 times. We had some exhibitors who conducted 180 meetings in five days. We had 10,500 requests to browse through more image catalogues, nearly 1,26,000 times product catalogues were viewed. Videos were viewed 4,852 times. We were active on social media. We have reached out to over 1,00,000 industry members.”
An intelligent system was developed with the ability to ramp up bandwidth and server capacity based on user traffic for ensuring a lag-free video experience, as all buying and selling would take place through high definition video calling and a smooth user experience was a top priority. The GJEPC hired the best IT professionals to scrutinise the system and analyse the technology used to develop the platform.
Sangani noted, “Our show has done business of above one thousand crore rupees worth of business.” GJPEC plans to conduct IIJS Virtual at least three to four times a year. Council members will devise more innovative ways to mobilise business for the whole industry and reinstate Indian G & J industry to be the leader in jewellery across the world.
CORE FEATURES OF IIJS VIRTUAL
- GJEPC has succeeded in bringing in a total digital transformation in this industry
- Secondly, G & J industry has been able to overcome the losses incurred during the six months of lockdown, it has become a turning point in bringing about the much-awaited business
- 330 exhibitors, 9,000 buyers, 9,900 concurrent meetings took place
- 75 per cent of total meetings were possible, i.e 9,900 meetings out of 13,200 scheduled meetings
- 200 visitors from the USA came online, despite the time difference
- 15 exhibitors who were visited by 1200 visitors each
- 74 exhibitors were visited 1000-1200 times
- Some exhibitors conducted 180 meetings in five days
- There were 10,500 requests to browse through more image catalogues
- Nearly 1,26,000 times different product catalogues were viewed
- Videos were viewed 4,852 times
- IIJS Virtual has reached out to over 1,00,000 industry members
- The show has done business of above one thousand crore rupees worth of business